Wednesday, May 24, 2006
Feeling Fun And Cool, But Not Saying It Right

I'm feeling fab at having some quality Me Time, but I can't seem to get that creative expression wheel rolling here...things are always funner and cooler in my head.

Like that time I visited my roomie out in the country and we actually went to the gym, but had dinner at a buffet and then ate junk all the next day and watched the worst Hilary Duff movie ever, and visited her Gram who lived even further out into the country.

Like that time I wore really fancy tweed pumps to a bar (in the middle of A GIANT FIELD that was twenty minutes from civilization) and ruined them by trudging across a gravel parking lot and muddy grass because there are no sidewalks in fields, only to have have beer spilled all over them (and my back) once I got inside.

Or like that time we went to Ikea ten minutes before it closed and pranced around the store for a whole half hour looking at furniture that wasn't even for me until we were the only customers left in the showrooms.

Like that time I watched Desperate Housewives for the second and probably last time and concentrated so hard that I gave myself a headache and nightmares. Like bubble tea and toast with friends and basketball street legends. A full three hour Blue Jays game with my best bud and Tedwin. A fancily scrumptious Indian dinner. A heartfelt goodbye on the subway. Riding home alone and having three guys take guesses at my "background" and how old I was - I heart strangers on public transit.

My long weekend, in a nutshell, was pretty awesome. It was creamy and smooth, velvety rich like a good cup of peppermint hot chocolate or something. I've left M-town again and am now back in the Loo, only to leave for Chicago at some obscene hour tomorrow morning. This city has been good to me since I arrived about 24 hours ago; I had a delicious steak dinner (marinated with red wine and cracked pepper, Thai sweet chili and onion rice, yummily glazed baby carrots with lots of freshly ground rainbow peppercorns, homemade white wine AND an ice cream sandwich - how's THAT for student eating?) with Dan, munched on trail mix and discovered the beauty which is the Magic Bullet with Mark, and hugged and studied and laughed with Dave. See, all that was fun and cool - it just doesn't sound that way on here.

I just finished my last shift ever at work and even the giant thing of daisies that I brought couldn't brighten up the part of me that's super sad to leave the office. I think I'm sleeping by myself in a big, empty house tonight, but before I go to sleep I need to have written at least 4/5 of a huge ass assignment (9 to 15 pages! and I thought I was so done with school) that's due for my Distance Ed class. See, all that is not fun and not cool and it still doesn't sound like anything at all on here.

Living out of a suitcase is still fun and cool, but I wonder when it'll stop being so.