Sunday, June 25, 2006
Watering the Plants: Gay Pride



I don't care if it's a cheesy metaphor; I'm still using it! :) Maybe I just don't respect Shirley's blog the same as the other guest bloggers. I just see it as a blank slate upon which is our imagination transformed into written words. It doesn't need to be this or that, it can be whatever you want it to be. Thus, I'll continue to write my inane rants and thoughts, and if Shirley or her readers don't like it, tough beans.

As you may know, it was Pride Week, so my boyfriend Steve and I hopped onto a train to Toronto on Friday to celebrate.



It was amazing and shocking to walk down Church Street and see so many gays and lesbians in one place. I'm normally used to seeing approximately none most of the time, but this was great. I'm not a big fan of the S&M gear, cowboy outfits, or skin-tight attire made of exotic materials, but hey, whatever floats your boat. I've got no pictures of our time there because I forgot to bring my camera. God, the one time I forget and it has to be right then.

I snapped a few quick pics after we left and got back to the car. Steve bought me a rainbow flag! What a sweetheart.



My straight friend Dan with the flag in the subway station. He may be hetero, but he acts much, much gayer than most gay people I know.



And Stevie with the flag. :)



We had to leave town on Saturday, so we didn't stay for the parades, but it was a good time regardless. See you all there next year.

--Brian