Tuesday, July 25, 2006
One last word before the Inevitable Good Bye

Shirley has fired me. I'm okay with that, I wasn't very good at keeping up with her blog. To be fair, I wasn't even doing a good job on my own blog. I had all these plans of things to write about before she got back. Actually, that's a lie. I was going to post things that she wrote while in Asia the last time because it seemed fitting (and I'm lazy). Instead, Shirley will soon be regaling us with tales of her journey and we will all wither from jealousy. Personally, I know that just her being over there has turned me green with envy and seeing the pictures and reading the tales will do no good for my travel itch.

I want to go out in style. Unfortunately, I've only ever been good at making a bad scene before leaving, I was never great at doing the 'sexy' exit. Instead of embarrassing myself on Shirley's blog I think I'll just bow out gracefully. If Shirley had comments or a site tracker (two things that were very difficult to keep from putting on her blog while she was gone and had almost no power...) I would know whether or not her stats dropped from many adoring fans to three (yes, the three that were guest blogging). Instead, since I don't know any different, you were all great, thanks so much for sticking around even though you came to see the star and instead the stand-in was on stage.

--Ashley