Wednesday, July 12, 2006
The Side Project: The One Thing We Can All Agree On

I wanted to post this cool picture from a trip to the Ontario College of Art and Design a few months ago. I tell you, when you're stuck trying to figure out what to throw on someone else's blog, a picture never hurts.



I believe this is supposed to be some form of art. That, or some artsy fartsy kid was real bored.

That was a fun day. I went with my boy Max (for Brian's reference, that's the other guy who went out with us for tea that time) and our mutural friend, Miranda Fung. If I understood correctly, she's transferring to the OCAD this year and she wanted to scope out what was going to be expected of her. She came out petrified, which was totally unwarranted because she is a spectacular artist. She'll be fine. My day was thrown for a loop early on when we walked into this room to check out some mechanized-wooden-sculpture-thingies and the artist who made them was sitting there next to her work. She was very, very beautiful. I checked the name next to the work and I said, "So, you're Jessica Fountain, huh?" She said that she was and I said, "Cool." That was it. Aaaah, Jessica Fountain. I shall remember her always.

The exhibition was truly amazing. We were there for a few hours, but I could have walked around for a week. The last time I went to an art gallery was with Annia. I have her to thank for making them so appealing for me. I remember when I was younger and I had no taste for such things.

One last thing: I'm leaving work in two weeks! Whoo!

- Big Al