Sunday, August 20, 2006
Guess What?

I'm not going skydiving today. High winds. Bad weather. Maybe next week.

I have a place to live! I averted homelessness once again and have found myself a nice little sublet in the Loo for the coming Fall term. It's a gorgeous house (though I'll be living in the not as gorgeous, but still clean and nice basement suite) in a quiet, non-student neighbourhood. The price is right, I'll be living with a good friend of mine (hi roomster!) and I'll be getting lots of exercise because it's far from campus and there's no in-house laundry, thus necessitating bi-weekly treks to the laundromat. Fun. I can't wait to be 'that' girl, y'know, the one you can see from the street as you're walking by and there she is plugged into her music, dancing and singing along as she puts clothes into the dryer. Or maybe I can meet someone who's reading a magazine and when I look over their shoulder I notice that they've circled certain words and I instantly know that those are the words they're going to look up definitions for later. (Does anyone know what movie or TV show that scene is from? I swear I saw it on a screen once.)

I bought a lappy! I figure that if my life is going to change so dramatically in just a few months, I might as well throw everything that I know about computers out the window and force myself to change. Yay for change! It's supposed to be here by the end of the week and I'm so excited that I could pee myself.