Friday, September 01, 2006
I Don't Really Know What's Going On Either

Dear Apple,

24 hours ago, I would have written BITE ME here because you had yet to ship my MacBook despite the fact that I ordered it twelve days ago. Twelve! But, as of 10:17am this morning, it has left Suzhou, China and is on it's way into my warm, graspy hands. Thank you for that. No thank you for taking so goddamnned long.

PS: I'm really excited. AHHH!! MACBOOK!!!


Dear Lisa, who appeared on the episode of ElimiDate which aired at 1:00am EST on Thursday morning in the GTA,

I totally get you. About wanting an intellectual guy who can pull off a good pair of glasses, but especially about Harry Potter. I have a crush on him too! And SO WHAT if everyone else on the show makes snarky remarks behind your back about having a crush on a 14 year old because he's totally 17 now and that makes him totally LEGAL. Ha. And yes, I would totally dress my boyfriend up in a cape and draw a lightning bolt on his forehead too. Can we be BFF?


Dear Shawntae, who appeared on the episode of ElimiDate which aired at 1:00am EST on Thursday mornng in the GTA,

You're gross. And that boy is gross. Your boobs look like they're bigger than my head. In a way, I'm glad you won because you guys totally deserve each other. Gross.

.......

Contrary to what you may believe, my life has not become a bland, tasteless mush spread out onto the couch in front of crappy, late-night television. Things have been a swirl lately, and I've been seeing friends and movies and shopping and eating out and staying up late and it's really all been a lot of fun. Except for when I get up in the mornings because my sinuses are being little b*tches and the first thing I do when I'm conscious is sneeze. That's right, I've been sneezing myself awake for the last two weeks.


Dear eyes and nose,

Stop itching.


Dear sinuses,

I hate you.

.......

I totally got an email from someone named Macarena this morning. Cool.

Speaking of cool, uhm, Summer? Where do you think you're going? I'm not done with you yet so you get your hot, sunny arse back here. I'm not ready for the chilly nights and the sweaters and the school starting! Especially not the school starting. I'm still in vay-cay mode ya know.

Watch this. It'll make you happy. It's the agonized screaming and the "Waka waka waka waka" that gets me every time.

Going to Chicago this weekend. How many times have I been to that city in the last 2 years? (The answer is 3. Tomorrow will be the 4th.) Each time, it is both glorious and painful.

Bon Cop, Bad Cop is an awesome movie. There's great acting (except for the villain - not only was he poorly casted, his character kind of sucked too), fantastic French/English humour, nifty French cinematography, blood and boobs for the boys and a teensy bit of eye-candy for the girls. You should go see it. The sad thing is, you probably won't. Oh, Canadian flicks.

I'm always hungry. I want more dumplings. I want more wings. And spinach and artichoke dip. Gaaahhhhh with the food. I'm either getting my period soon or I'm pregnant. What?

Nevermind.

Blargh! My mind has been totally...everywhere since I've been home and it's hard to concentrate on one thing when I've got running and Indian food on the back of my mind. And half price appetizers. Mmmspinachandartichokedip *DROOL*. Annnnd, on that fully appropriate (sarcasm!) but vague ending note, Happy September everyone! Going for a run. And then to eat Indian foodies. Yum.

Someone sedate me now.