Wednesday, November 15, 2006
Fingers Crossed

Don't you love it when you do all this planning for months and then none of it matters anymore and so you start fresh and think, Oh! New Beginnings!, but then everything goes whack and you're back to where you started: with nothing?

Yeah, I love that too.

So, a little while ago, I realized that I was running out of money. So I got a job, applied for my OSAP funding, I took on more Ambassador hours and tours, and worked four times a week at the tea cart. After I did all the paperwork for my provincial financial assitance I thought, Yay! I'll have money again! Alas. School and work were starting to kill me, so yesterday, I told my boss that I quit. Cool. I'll just live off the $2,300 that the government was going to loan me. I found out today that because I did the application so late and because I'm not registered as a student for next term*, I'm not eligible for finanical aid. Great. So, I just quit my job YESTERDAY and now the OSAP people are taking their money back and I'm left to live off $100 until...whenever. I have no idea.

* Which brings me to another thought: I'm not registered as a student next term. Not at my school, not at another school (yet), not anywhere. I've never really been academically homeless before. I mean, I'm not that irresponsible; there is an application form in the postal system somewhere out there to ensure that I will eventually be registered, but once that little envelope leaves the country, I can't track it. My future is going to be floating somewhere over the Ocean and I hope to goodness that all this works out.