Tuesday, November 07, 2006
I Don't Want To Talk About It

Actually, yes, I do.

Being in a pissy mood on a Tuesday morning is a bad way to start the day. I started yesterday with a big family breakfast - omelettes, hash browns, toast, bagels with two kinds of cream cheese, cantaloupe, orange juice - with two of my favourite people and gorgeous weather. It's raining now and it had better stop in an hour because I'd rather skip my class than bike to school without any rain gear. We're talking wet jeans and smeared mascara here people, and that's never good.

I just got off the phone with Rogers: The Wireless, Internet, Telephone Company From Hell. Who in the world guarantees one working phone jack and makes you pay for the rest of them to be repaired when it's clear that you've done nothing to cut off your own phone service? To that I say: The fuck? Oh yes, if course I wanted to get a new phone number in the middle of the semester, of course I gave myself a "dial tone issue", of course I went and knocked out all the jacks in my apartment because it's so obvious that I hate using the phone despite the fact that it's my only means of communication right now because WE DON'T HAVE INTERNET EITHER.

I've also been dealing with a crap wireless connection all day (something is majorly wrong when I can't even get Google to load) and it's just such perfect timing because it's not like I have two seminar presentations this week, one next week and a paper due on Tuesday. Oh, and Library? How about you stop recalling all the books that I need for my papers because without the internet and without your resources, all I've got left to do is pull crap from my ass and smear it all over the paper that I'm not using with my printer (because my printer doesn't work with my new MacBook), hand it in and call it a day.

See also: Yesterday in the computer lab on campus when the network crashed and not only did I lose the course notes I had just finished typing up, I also lost the form I had been filling out for the last half hour which is a major factor in determining the first half of 2007 for me.

I hate technology, but I can't imagine living without it either.