Saturday, November 25, 2006
Out With It

I can't take it anymore. It's making me crazy*. I have to tell you. I was going to hold it in for at least another few weeks until things got finalized further, but I'm near explosion and when I really think about it, I've dropped enough hints here so that this isn't going to come as much of a surprise to you anyway. Right? Right.

So! I'm going to Spain. For a good length of time.

It's kind of a long and complicated story which started back at the very beginning of 2006 and involves applying to and being accepted for a term on international exchange, the messing up of the international department/advisor at my school, and the consequent withdrawal from the program and the school altogether. All those times I talked about leaving the country yada yada, I was thinking mainly of Spain. And the rain. On the plains. In Spain.

I'll spare you the details for now, not only because I've never been able to make the details interesting, but also because it's ONE THIRTY IN THE MORNING and I have made no progress on this paper that I want done before I get all fancied up in my sparkly red dress and strappy gold heels for having cordon bleu with some Sigma Chis tomorrow night.

But just so you know, I'm beyond elated. Despite the massive amount of paperwork that needs to get done in the next few weeks, the freaking out over picking the EXACT DATE on which I'm leaving, the surprise news that I lost over $3,000 in funding due to the big long story I'm not giving you details on, despite the fact that I'm going to miss my peeps so friggin' much, and the fact that I think I'm more nervous and scared than I'm letting on, I can't wait.


PS: Does a stopover in Dublin sound cool to you?


* Listen to Gnarls Barkley. He's good.