Saturday, December 02, 2006
Happy December!

The paper is done done DONE. It was a number of hours late, and not my best work (it resembles a sentence that starts out really strong but just kind of trails off by the end...), but I'm alright with that. I sacrificed it for a potluck dinner party with seven of the best people I know, lots of great food (including an artichoke and asiago spread, and homemade cheesecake that belongs on the menu of a gourmet restaurant - OMG), a hockey game on mute and hours of playing Cranium, the best board game in life. How come I never played it until Thursday night? From now on, I'm just going to have massive Cranium parties.

So yeah, I've re-prioritized yet again. I mean, if I died in nine days, am I going to be glad that I spent an extra few hours finishing that paper, or am I going to be extremely happy that I saw some people that I won't see again for a very long time?

I'm going to go with option B on that one.

The weekend is here, and though my Friday night turned out to be nothing like I had planned (dinner with a friend, work on paper, go dancing) it was still superfantastic (a surprise visit from the best bud, chai tea, finishing my paper, humping said best bud from behind, snuggling in bed and then FALLING ASLEEP). I missed sleeping.

The weekend is here and I'm looking forward to taking things a bit more slowly from now on. Such a desire was evidenced by my sleeping in until 11am this morning, a nice shower that used up all the hot water, and a super lunch with the friend from last night. It's 3:30 now and I haven't done any schoolwork yet, despite the fact that I have FIVE MORE PAPERS TO WRITE. I'd like to have four of them done by the 10th, but we'll see how that goes.

For now, I have some advent calendar chocolate waiting for me! Happy December y'all - Christmas is coming!!