Wednesday, January 03, 2007
Good Year

I said goodbye to 2006 in the backseat of a car that reeked of New while driving in circles around downtown Toronto trying to find a damn parking spot that wouldn't cost upwards of thirty-freaking-dollars just so we could go upstairs into a condo that didn't belong to any one of us and sip real champagne from fancy glasses that also didn't belong to us and count down towards 2007 in a more civilized manner than on the streets of Urban Traffic Hell. Alas.

At 11:45pm we resigned ourselves to the fate of AM radio giving us the low-down on the countdown and when the car clock said 0:00, we honked like mad. To our dismay, we soon found out that New Car Time was not the same as Toronto time, so we essentially celebrated the coming of 2007 twice, within about four minutes of each other. Again with the mad honking. It got to the point where I wasn't sure if people were honking out of good-natured celebratoryness or out of frustration and anger that traffic had come to a standstill around the fireworks that were shooting out of Nathan Philips Square. Gladly, we had fun that night with our pricey, but uber-fancy drinks, good company during our two hour and twenty minute wait for a table, our delish meaty dinners, and yes, even the car ride because it meant delicately making out in the backseat while the two in the front were leaning on the horn.

So despite the fact that it was a very rainy and fairly anti-climactic Eve (as compared to the 'wild house parties' I've been to in the past *sarcasm!*), it was a good one. So far, 2007 isn't off to a bad start:

I've won an Award and a Scholarship from my university totalling almost $2000!

Hot damn, I officially fly out in three weeks. I've got my first two nights of accommodation in and around London figured out - now I just need to work on the other seven nights....

I know I already told you this, but I have my accommodation in Spain! I found out tonight that it's a PENTHOUSE suite with TWO bathrooms for just three girls that's (again, indulge me here) between my new university and THE BEACH. Beach beach beach beach beach.

My boyfriend and I are discussing plans for him to come visit me IN SPAIN circa late April/early May 2007 in time to celebrate my 23rd on the island of IBIZA!

*screeeeech to a halt* Boyfriend? What?

Adam deserves a better introduction than that and this, and I've been trying to work on one for the last, oh...I dunno, few weeks, but how do you introduce and encapsulate someone so awesome into just one entry? For now, here's the photo of us all dolled up in late-November ready to get it on before I-Ball. Kidding! We got it on after I-Ball.

No, but seriously, he's great. More on that to come soon in a greater, more eloquent and mushy fashion.