Thursday, January 18, 2007
Homebody

For a week or so, staying at home with my family was a good thing. I spent quality time with them and didn't whine; I had chats with my brother and uncle about what was going on in their lives, I cooked meals with my mummy, and my dad rubbed the side of my head and cheek when I parallel parked perfectly, five times in a row. I was domestic; I did dishes and cooked dinner. I made appointments and ran errands. But after a full month of The Family and now, a lack of social interaction because all my friends from back home are back in school, here I sit at home, doing nothing. Sure, I'm prepping for a great adventure, but I miss life when it was full and busy and bustling. Vacuuming and cleaning my room may bring me joy, but it's not the same. Y'know?

I'm feeling more like a recluse than ever. Not only am I not leaving the house and spending my time watching Street Eats and Beauty and the Geek, there's actually no desire to go outside. That's when it gets scary. I'm going to blame it on the cold and snow and my utter distaste for winter right now because it means yucky road conditions when I have my road test TOMORROW. Tonight I will be circling a parking lot somewhere in suburbia backing in and out of spots over and over again until I either learn how to park properly or give up, like I did last time.

For now, I sit at home with my fuzzy pants, my free t-shirt, my mum's old pregnancy sweater and my neon pink knee-high socks. I'm going to drink water and make tea to drown my body in fluids so it can flush out whatever badness is going on in there because I simply cannot travel when I'm unwell. And then I'm going to pack and maybe have some ice cream and get everything in order so that when I finally get on that plane, I can start to have some fun.