Tuesday, January 23, 2007
T-minus 4 Hours, 30 Minutes

It's no surprise that I'm running behind yet again. I leave for the airport in an hour and a half and I'm over my luggage allowance by 20 kg. I also haven't charged my camera batteries and I haven't packed my carry-on. My shower puff is currently sitting on my bed. Oy.

You'll have to excuse my complaining and utter unpreparedness and pretend that in its place is a wonderful essay on why I'm going to miss my life here, how I've yearned for independence since I was ten years old, but that TRUE independence really is kind of scary. Also pretend that you're reading about my friends, my wonderful, fantastic, there-are-no-words-for-them friends who have seen me through thick and thin, who have dragged my drunken arse home in the middle of winter, who have championed me into FINALLY getting my driver's license, who called me from Bangkok, who threw me surprise parties, who listen to me when I'm in hysterics, who have done more than I could ever ask for, I love you all. Even to the ones I'm not so close to, I'll miss you. Your non-presence on campus in the Fall will indeed make me sad.

Speaking of love, to mon beau: Je t'adore. Je t'aime. Tu me manques, toujours.

I don't know when the next time I'm going to write is...I'm spending the next ten days bumming around England and I think I'm going to enjoy myself just a bit. I'll try my best to keep y'all updated, especially since I need to absolve myself of the Super Guilt I'm currently suffering from because I haven't posted anything good in a really, really long time.

So, uhm, good bye? See you later? Soon?

I can't believe I won't be back in the country for so long. Wow.

Take care of yourselves.