Wednesday, May 16, 2007
E-Love

I promised myself that right after my HRM exam I'd go straight to the biblioteca to continue studying for my EnviroEcon exam tomorrow, but I really had to go pee and then I really wanted a holdarje or holjarde (or whatever they're called - just think meat pastry = YUM). And then I almost got straight to work except I had to check my mail because I hadn't since last night at midnight - ahh! I should preface this next statement with the fact that my family (via my brother) hardly ever write to me, but in the span of fifteen minutes in the middle of the night last night, my brother had sent me three whole emails. Whoa! Remembering what kind of relationship we had a mere handful of years ago (ie: bad), I was pleasantly surprised to find that I was super duper happy to hear from him, especially when it's updates on my parents' reactions to my photos and videos and his dilemma on choosing a lappy to purchase. He started out all business-like as usual, telling me about what's happening with my investments back home (can't touch 'em), family car and money troubles (broken transmission = two grand), recycling programs (my parents care about the environment!) and then he got personal with some inquiries into my school and personal life (no comment).

Then came his notebook bind and the frustrating indecision that's made harder by a limited time sale:

I CANT DECIDE, ITS SOO HARD!!! I have til thursday and the DELL save $130 promotion will end!!!

Aw - I feel for you bro, I really do. Sales make life tricky, but I gave up all sorts of cheaper lappies for my Mac and now I'm so in luuuuuhve.

Most of all, this chunk of his third email (where he contemplates getting a wireless network in the house) made me smile and laugh more than anything:

IF i buy the laptop i will try to change over to wireless, so when ur at home u can use ur laptop from the BATHROOM!!!! that is awesome, i could be anywhere even working out in the basement and watching a movie while walking. TALK ABOUT AWESOME...

YESSSSSSS!!! I've always wanted to use my laptop in the BATHROOM!!!! and omg, like internet in the basement is awesome and i never even thought about watching a movie WHILE WALKING because it's just too awesome for me omg.

He's actually precious (when he's not in his Devil Mood), isn't he?

sigh..so sad... so poor... so BORED! I need a job in sept....will u help me?

DAVID OUT


Mm, yes. And I miss you, too.