Thursday, May 10, 2007
Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows

You know what's nice? Little black dresses that hide the fact that I woke up five minutes before I had to catch the bus, knowing a hairstyle that disguises greasy hair, scoring a solid 90 on a presentation about sustainable ecotourism in Antartica that I stayed up until 4am perfecting, teaching my MacBook to tell me a joke while a friend did the same to his PowerBook (albeit with an accent from the South of France), walking leisurely in the sun, going to the market just to browse, coming home to eat perfectly ripe, farm-fresh strawberries, and talking to your best bud for hours about, well, everything. Natural sugar and a natural high at it's best.

What's also pretty awesome is the fact that my boyfriend thought about me in the shower half-way across the world this morning. No, not in that way, but in a super-geeky way that even I could barely believe.

Adam says: I was in the shower this morning rinsing my hair to get it wet, and all of a sudden I said out loud, "Shirley says you don't need to wash your hair everyday. She's a bright girl and she has gorgeous hair. I'm NOT going to wash my hair today," and I moved out of the water and began to dry my hair haha

Me: lol - You did NOT!

Adam says: I thought the conversational nature of my comments were kinda funny. Considering I was standing alone in the shower.

...Aaaand that's an example of the kind of men I'm attracted to. The good kind. Can you tell I'm missing him now that he's gone?

Tomorrow I might go to the beach, I have to get some homework done, I might go to the museum and learn about things in Spanish and then I'll go to a pot-luck surprise birthday dinner for a very sweet Italian girl. Tomorrow also marks the first day of my one month countdown until I leave Alicante. At this point, one month seems like a long time, but I know that whatever is left of school will fly by and then I'll have about three weeks of vegetating to do. And researching and trip planning and bookings and packing and shipping things home, except for myself.

It's funny, it seems that all I've done since...well, a long time - January? December? Fall 2006? - is research destinations and plan trips and book flights and pack and move around. I've never been so nomadic before and while there's a sense of adventure to it, I think I might just be starting to miss home. Or maybe just Asian foods. For now, I've got it pretty wonderful and as long as I make it to a Chinese restaurant sometime next week, I'll be just fine.