Wednesday, May 09, 2007
With A Side of Funk

A twenty-eight year old Swiss friend told twenty-three year old me that he thought I was mature over lunch today. I wonder what he'd think if he saw me procrastinating at the library - sitting at my trusted lappy and not writing that paper nor preparing that presentation on sustainable ecotourism in Antarctica (tell me I don't choose the coolest paper topics ever and I'll beat you), but instead jamming away with Renegades of Funk. There was full-out full-body motion on my part which I think inspired the guy sitting across from me to start gently bobbing his head to whatever music he's listening to. Next, get the whole library to start the Thriller dance routine.

My mood is up there with the temperature today, despite being indoors working away. "Working" - ha! Weather.com tells me that it's 82 degrees F outside and I'm both happy and sad. Firstly because I'm using the American weather.com and not the Canadian weather.ca - everything is in Fahrenheit and I have to convert it all into Celsius. For the love of goodness, go metric! The rest of the world has! Secondly, because while Adam was here we got a lot of rain and chilly winds - now that he's gone we're getting the Spanish sunshine we had hoped for. Alas.

Speaking of Spanish, mine is starting to suck now that I'm not in language class anymore. Also, Spanish women have the nicest legs I have ever seen. And I've seen a lot of legs.

I wrote my first exam yesterday - an open laptop exam. Yup. We were all permitted to bring in whatever materials we wanted, including our lappies with internet access. So you can bet your bottom dollar that I, along with a whackload of other Europeans, were eating up all the bandwidth on Wikipedia yesterday afternoon. Once I get this paper and presentation out of the way tomorrow morn, I've got two more exams and a month's worth of homework to catch up on (gee, thanks, India) before I'm done with my school term here! Then I've got three weeks to relax on the beach before Ash arrives and we set off for more adventures.