Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Rain, Rain

I've officially decided to call any future days off as Mental Health Days - those are days I spend with the intention of keeping myself happy and sane. I like this decision. Yesterday ended well even though the day felt like it just dragged on foreeevver. I met a friend at the bus stop en route to my audition and then the audition went fabulously (I made them laugh! a lot! and I just finished with my callback!). I missed surprising my roomie after her class though - apparently it got let out two hours early. What was interesting though was that there was someone sitting in the room working away and after a brief conversation it turned out that I knew of him through my roommate's friend - how? - because I had read his name in the list of recipients in an email I got last week. I can't explain why his name stuck out (it was a very normal, regular name too) but there we were, linked by the email about the World Religions Conference because we had both received it. I love random coincidences.

Speaking of odd things, within the last week I've met someone from Labrador and someone from Nunavut (even before it was called Nunavut!). First off, I haven't ever met anyone from these places and secondly, I have never said to anyone (except these two) upon a first meeting, "Can I come visit your house?!" The Labrador guy actually drives three days to get from here to there and three more to get back - talk about an awesome road trip.

It's been raining hard all day and it hasn't really bothered me because I've managed to stay dry and warm despite commuting all over the city today. It's been a while since I got to appreciate the sound of rain drops hitting my umbrella (the big fat ones are the best). It is a very calming, comforting kind of sound. I hadn't noticed how much I missed it while I was away.