Tuesday, December 04, 2007
All Papers And No Food Makes Me Bitchy

I've been sitting in front of this computer for seven hours now and I can feel my spine starting to compress. I'm tired and hungry, no doubt, and incredibly frustrated that the paper I've been working on for the last two days still isn't finished. I'm soooo close. It's been an unfortunate afternoon - my concentration leaked out of my head a few hours ago and the lab has been busy and loud, filled with really, really annoying people.

Take, for instance, the super spastastic girl who sat beside me for the most of the day. Not only is she the loudest typer to ever exist on this planet (rather, the loudest keyboard masher on this planet), so also spread her stuff all over the place, and then proceeded to ruin my concentration every half-second with her unbelievably loud keyboard mashing. When she finally finished her paper, she asked for my student card because she had no idea where hers went and she needed to print the paper to hand in. In another building, across campus. It didn't occur to me until after she left with it that I probably should not have handed my ID with $100 on it over to some stranger who I didn't really like to go trotting off to do whatever they wished with it. I tell myself though, that if I were ever caught in that bind, that I would also really like some stranger to hand over their card too. Plus, she's paying me back, so it's no big deal. She eventually returns with it and proceeds to lie about how much money she used to print her paper (I checked my account online) and then tells me that she doesn't have her wallet either. I'm too irritated to even say anything, so I just tell her that it's fine, secretly waiting for her to offer me a cookie, or something. Nothing. She even packs up and leaves without saying bye. Excuse me, did I, or did I not just save your annoying, bony ass by letting you use my student card to print your term paper?

I'm going to go and get my own goddamn cookie, THANKS.

---
Update: 20 minutes later

You know that in addition to me, irony can be a bitch too, right?

The girl just walked into the lab and handed me a five dollar bill.

Mm, my foot sure does taste good.