Monday, December 17, 2007
Running On High

It's officially starting to feel like Christmas. Three things are contributing to this lift in my spirits:

1. I stood at the bus stop today and with the fluffy snowflakes falling gently around me, I could have sworn I stepped onto the scene of a romantic comedy film. All that was missing was Prince Charming pulling up with his great white stead- er, car? I have to say, the one other time this happened all term, it was perfect too. The air is still, there's just the right crispness and there I stand, with the snow floating around me, completely calm and peaceful and it's just ...it's just perfect. It brings an instant smile to my face and a warmth and glow to my spirit.

2. I'm sitting at work now and there's some uber relaxing holiday music playing (see: adult comtemporary version of Silent Night on repeat, and a muzak melange of holiday staples a la singing Christmas tree) - I'm starting to feel all mushy and reminiscent again.

3. I'M DONE EXAMS BABY!! I realized this morning when I walked into the freezing cold gynamsium filled with hundreds of desks in rows, that I hadn't been there in over a year (upper year Sociology classes rarely have formal exams like that and instead make their students pump out twenty-something page papers). And that this morning would be the last exam I'll ever write in that place again. Sad, but at the same time, NOT.

So, despite the fact that I'm running on three hours of sleep (cramming for finance until 2am and then setting the alarm for 5:30 to cram more - ick) I'm feeling fairly energetic simply because I'm so excited to have time to myself now that I'm officially done with school for the term. I'm excited to do my laundry, clear the sink of dishes, cook something, pick up my much missed lappy, and go to the mall and spoil myself with a variety of pretty things. I want to call my best friends and talk on the phone while lounging in my apartment, I want to lay on a couch and just VEG. Oh, to be still like vegetables, to lay like broccoli. I simply cannot wait.