Monday, February 11, 2008
I Want To Fall In Love, Like, Right Now

This is my third post today. To the naked eye, I suppose that it appears like I have a lot to say, but having a lot to say isn't unusual for me at all. I'm verbose to the point of fault, which is why I have such a hard time writing papers; I can never get to the point before I get frustrated with how long it's taking me.

What's different about today is, though I have a lot to say like I do everyday, I've noticed with particular clarity that I don't have anyone to say anything to. My co-worker, though I adore her, doesn't know me well enough for me just to ...talk to, shoot the shit, just like that. Our personalities and senses of humour have yet to completely mesh. My roommate I only saw for twenty minutes this evening, ...and those are the two people I've interacted with all day. It's currently about 7:30pm. No wonder I feel like I'm about to burst.

I'm not whining about being lonely, I'm NOT, I just wish I had someone to share stuff with. Nothing special even, just ...stuff. Everyday stuff. What I did at work stuff (nothing, blogged), what I did at home stuff (practiced lines, made more cannelloni, watched Little Miss Sunshine again), what I'm doing tonight (meeting, gym, movie at the indie theatre). It'd be great to be able to meet up with someone after I get off work, to sit on the bus with, to share cannelloni with, to laugh out loud with during a movie.

Tonight, after I get out of the gym, I don't want to bus or walk to the theatre alone and buy my ticket alone and sit and watch The Diving Bell and The Butterfly alone. I like Me and Me Time, trust me, I really, really do. But tonight, every night, I want to walk up with a smile in my eyes to the one I love. I want to hug him and kiss him. I want to hold his hand and tell him stories and giggle and skip alongside him. I want to snuggle in the movie theatre. I want to walk home with him afterwards, brush our teeth together, fall asleep with our warm bodies entangled and my nose against his neck.