Friday, February 22, 2008
Keeping Bizay

So, the other night, I did not read about Buddhism, nor did I take a cold shower. I finally got my arse out of my chair, cleaned the kitchen, made some dinner and called some friends to head out to the bar. I thus turned what would have been a hellishly boring evening devoid of any social interaction into a night of new friends, old friends, beer, acquaintances, ex-boys named David, more beer, confessions, discussions, weed, The Tudors, and going to bed at 4am. I totally rolled into work the next day at 1pm in the afternoon. I just don't know how I keep getting away with stuff like this. At this rate, I'll never become a responsible adult.

My younger brother, on the other hand, is becoming almost exactly that. He graduated last April and, after five months of very intense and very frustrating job searching, he finally landed a position with a small IT firm in the T-Dot. He got a new work wardrobe. Started to pack lunches. He emailed me from work all the time to tell me about his new file cabinet, his new wastebasket (that was SO much better than everyone else's) what kind of fun things were going on in the office, what new candy there was in the candy jar, about their daily Brew Ha Ha's (jokes they told in the mornings by the coffee maker - get it? Ha!). He has a daily commute of three hours and goes to bed at 10pm. My younger brother, who graduated before me, got a job before me, started paying rent to my parents and saving for a car, who emailed me from work yesterday to tell me one thing: "I ate fried noodles for lunch" has just been offered a consulting position in New York.

*blink blink*

And he accepted.

*BLINK*

He relocates in April(!) and my goodness, my little brother is going to be working and living in New York City!! I'd tell him to stop growing up so quickly, but this is just way too cool. I'm way super happy elated for him for a million and one reasons, but mostly, what I'm hearing is this:

ROOOAAAAD TRIIIIIIIP!!!

And to think! I'll have a (free!) place to stay whenever I want to go to the Big Apple!

In the mean time, I'm living it up student-stylez while I still can. Working part-time, having dinner at 9pm, going to the bar on a Wednesday night, staying up until the sun almost rises, getting to work late and being punishment-free, and taking the bus to see my best friend in gosh-forsaken Welland for the weekend. At least we'll be spending most of our time in the Falls (which isn't all that much better). Well, I'm out for the weekend! Have a good one, y'all.