Tuesday, February 26, 2008
What Will Wake Me Up Is A Nap

Oops. I did it again. Stayed up late until some ungodly hour of the morning and now I feel like I'm wading through molasses at work. It took me a very, very long time to type that last sentence out properly. Motor skills? Not so good today. I did manage to show up to work relatively on time though. Twenty minutes late is better than four hours late, like last week.

I look around and everything is sort of hazy, like I'm looking through a fog - lights are extra glare-y, I'm blinking slower, I'm cold, and the gut-rot I'm feeling from the beer last night is drving me mad. My craving for a brekkie egg sandwich has not been fulfilled yet, but my co-worker informs me that she's brought in pad thai today. And she's going to drive me home because it's snowing outside and walking to the bus station is unnecessary. All this after she gave me her extra large scarf to wrap around me. She is, indeed, extremely wonderful.

You know what else is extremely wonderful besides people who share their lunch with those who are cold, sleepy and hungry? When someone shows up early to meet you at the bus stop with not only a box of tea in their pocket, but also two chocolate creme eggs, thereby ruining your plan to buy a coffee for them before they showed up. People, and life, have nice ways of surprising me.

I think I'm feeling ambitious tomorrow. Tomorrow, tomorrow will be a good day.