Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Middle Of The Ride

I'm currently finishing up running a computer camp for kids, and thinking about when to call my best girls to chat and tell them my boy stories, but I'm bombarded with thoughts on how to organize myself and various activities all into the next week because I've got birthdays to celebrate, nights out to dress up for, work to do (finally! but oy!) at work, an open house on campus to participate in, trips to Toronto and back and back, rehearsals and a cast dinner (not to mention a play to perform!), and a surprise trip to New York to work around - since I'm still taking a road trip to London and still have to see my dear English roomie from last term who is visiting from across the pond for a few weeks - and all the while I've had the mad finishing of a book and rapid writing of a paper on the back of my mind.

I feel like I'm on speed. Or crack. Or both! Smack! I'd say I'm stressed out (yeah, vaguely), but being busily efficient infuses me with such energy and zeal that I'm feeling pretty darn fabulous right now. I am SO glad, however, that I dropped my third job and that my life is flexible enough for me to miss work, classes, rehearsals, and random other commitments for me to do pretty much as my little heart desires. I really wouldn't be able to have it any other way.

And, oh! Total wonderful moment of my artistic LIFE? My director tells me that I'm a perfectly good actress on my own who is doing things great on my own, which is why she hasn't been giving me any notes during rehearsals because she's not worried about me at allll. Apparently I'm good without needing any direction. In the most non-hubris way possible, I'd like to bask in the familiarity of these comments because a director from a few years ago pretty much said the same thing. One day I may develop horrible neck pains from the weight of my giant head.