Monday, April 21, 2008
Blogging From A Bus

I never thought it would happen. I'm on the internet while ON A BUS. I'm en route to home after a successful trip to NYC and I thought my driver was joking when he told me there was wireless internet on the coach. Oh yeah right, I said. But lo and behold, there is wireless indeed and here I am, on the internet. While driving on a bus. I KNOW.

So The Big Apple was as snazzy as I remember it. The trip went off without too many a hitch and I had an awesome time with the kids. As usual. The students typically become my favourite part of all the tours I do. Every now and then I get a little uneasy though... I mean, is it wrong to think that 15 year old boys are totally cute? Not in that gross I'm-a-cradle-robber way, but in that man, you've-got-POTENTIAL way. Some of these boys are going to grow up to be HAND-SOME. Give me a call in about seven years, yeah?

The inappropriate thinking-people-are-cute thing seems to go both ways. The group was generous enough to give me a tip. So a couple students came up and when one of the Student Council girls handed me a big wad of cash, I noticed there was a little slip of white paper folded up in it. There's a student's email address on it. A male student's email address.

I'm not totally sure how I feel about that yet. I mean, I'm flattered, of course. But I'm positive that this is crossing some sort of professional line somewhere.