Monday, May 26, 2008
Where I Spent My Weekend

Lower Bay Station, Moriyama & Teshima Architects, Hare Krishna Temple
   

TTC Harvey Shops, George Brown Chef School, Distillery District - Rack House
   

Distillery District - Malt Kilns, BAPS Shri Swaminarayan Mandir, The Ex - Riding Academy (sorta)
   

The Ex - Green Roof, The Ex - Music Building/Sustainable Condo, Design Exchange
   

Harvey's


Thanks to Doors Open 08 I successfully spent my days off doing exactly what I do when I'm working: walking around all day. I actually have it better when I'm on tour because I actually get to eat on a regular basis. Annia and I wouldn't allow ourselves any food until we were done (or as close to done as possible) with all of our sites for the day. On Saturday, I had a yogurt and a box of Pocky for breakfast, and on Sunday it was yogurt and a two mouthfuls of rice noodles. We didn't have our second meal of the day (meal between lunch + dinner = lunner) until 5pm the whole weekend. We're hardcore, aka fools, when it comes to Toronto culture. See also: being the only people to actually take public transit to and from the middle of buttfuck nowhere industrial Etobicoke.