Friday, August 29, 2008
Oka, It Makes Me Happy

Give them a listen. They take me out of any mood and put me into a traaaance. Didgeridoo goodness.

Currently: Locked out of my house. Waiting to talk to people who have the power (aka keys) to let me back in.

I have realized, for about the fourth time now, that in order to be an actor/actress/acting person of any kind, one must not do anything other than keep all their time free so that when they are offered a role, they can just take it without scheduling complications.

I went to a film audition last weekend and though I walked out of there thinking that I completely blew it, I got an email from them the next day asking me to film that very week. Problem: I work. Everyday, particularly during the hours they wanted to film. So, despite the fact that I wrote back and pleaded them to try to include me, they didn't get back to me and that was that. This is the second time I haven't been able to do a film project due to work, and the fifth time in total that I haven't been able to take a role (two films, two plays) because of scheduling conflicts. Clearly, I should just sit around in between auditions and wait because going out there to earn money isn't getting me anywhere in terms of my stage presence. No wonder we're starving artists...

I am however, heading home this weekend to help out some friends with a short film they're putting together.

No. Not that kind of film.

Other than that, the plan is to hit up The Ex (dear weather, please be nice) and then I'll most likely spend the rest of my time studying - because that's all I ever do with my free time. That, and stay late at the office to use the internets because I don't live with any (see: right now).

Although, I did take a giant break from studying last night and instead, went out for a fabulous dinner with my best friend, headed to the pub, had some beer, and then I picked up some free kitchenware on the way home. Now, tell me, if you were lacking a strainer/colander (what's the difference anyhow?) - and we all know how annoying it is to strain pasta without one - and then you saw one in perfectly good condition, for free, wouldn't you take it? Well, I did just that. The strainer just happened to be sitting on top of a pile of things that was in a recycling bin (NOT the "garbage") on the curb. I also got two perfectly nice Christmas platters. I held my ground despite the weird looks and laughs I received from my friends. I'll scrub them clean and totally use them. People in this world totally don't believe in reusing enough.

Two more weeks in this town and then I hit the road for two months. Back to living out of a suitcase, but this time with fancy suits! Must learn to iron....