Monday, December 08, 2008
In Retrospect

In trying to pack for a week in Cancun, I found myself sitting at the computer browsing the Internets in search of something to do. Something other than packing. My bag was almost full, but my bed was still scattered with things that needed to go in. Books, my hair straightener, make up bag, 2 out of 5 pairs of shoes, camera, sunglasses.... I found that when I hit a snag (ie: should I put each pair of shoes into plastic bags so they don't get scratched/scratch other things?) I just gave up entirely. Hence, me sitting at the computer screen. I'm sooo one of those people that hates to pack and loves to unpack. My mum just brought in some of the laundry that had finally finished drying and it reminded me of what a zealous over-packer I've become...

Brought: 10 pairs of earrings
Wore: 5

Brought: 6 pairs of shoes (for a week, I KNOW - didn't I just say overzealous?)
Wore: 5 (not bad, eh?)

Brought: 3.5 bathing suits/bikinis (the .5 is a mix 'n match top)
Wore: 2

Brought: close to 15 tops, 2 skirts, 4 pairs of shorts, 3 dresses, etc.
Wore: the same damn two outfits for 5 days (thank goodness we went out at nights or else I never would have changed)

Brought: 2 romance novels
Read: 0 (I read my Spanish phrasebook or just lay to the sound of the surf)

Brought: 0 conch shells
Now own: 1 conch shell (that I can blow into a la Lord of the Flies!)

To sound like a broken record: I miss Mexico.