Tuesday, December 09, 2008
In The Spirit Of Positive Thinking, And Hoping, And Praying...

Tomorrow I am going to do something that has become fairly routine this past year or so. I'm going to the hospital to get a colposcopy.

Wiki says that, "The main goal of colposcopy is to prevent cervical cancer by detecting precancerous lesions early and treating them", which I'm sure is true, BUT I ask: what qualifies as early? Because I've been doing these colposcopies and tests and biopsies for almost exactly two years now and personally, I don't think that TWO YEARS LATER still means "early." Just sayin'.

I've subscribed to a fatalistic approach in life for a while now; I accept things that happen simply as things that were meant to happen. But that has never stopped me from wishing, hoping, praying for an outcome that I'd prefer. And tomorrow, you can bet that I'm going to have every cell in my body poised towards NOTHING BAD.