Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Bob-y Bang Bang

Today I was feeling spontaneous so I called a salon that I'm starting to frequent and decided to go in for a haircut. I've been craving one for a while because what I had before was really starting to shag out. And then I was feeling adventurous and decided to tell my stylist to go for the "bob" look with bangs and now I'm a girl who just cut off all her hair and really wishes that she hadn't. I should really think my spontaneity through next time.

And I can't even blame the stylist because a) she's lovely, and b) I totally told her to do it. When I said, "Just even it out so it's kind of bob-y," I had no idea how short the back was. When she started taking inches off the front I realized I had forgotten that I had one of those slanty haircuts where it looks longer in the front and I immediately wished I could go back on the whole even-ing out thing because it needed to match the length in the back. But... I couldn't. So I sucked it up and just thought of it as 'cute'. I'm still trying to convince myself (especially after seeing the horrified looks on my family's faces).

If I was rail thin and/or a superstar with a team of styling professionals, I might be able to pull this off. But I'm not and I don't, so here I am trying to figure out what outfit and hair products will compliment and/or HIDE this helmet-head look/thing I've got going on for tomorrow at work. I really don't feel like responding to the "Oh! You got your hair cut!" conversations.

My inspiration was Katie Holmes with short hair like here and here , and I kiiind of came out of it looking like that, but less good. Oh who am I trying to kid - I look more like this, but less good: