Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Indulge Me

The hair! The hair! It was a resounding success!

Much to my surprise and relief, people at work really liked the new haircut. Someone even called it "chic" - to my utter disbelief, as I'm sure you can imagine. And then someone told me I looked like a Japanese doll and I wasn't sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing. Funny, this Japanese ...thing. I've been called a Japanese doll before (by whom, or why, I can't remember), I also had the nickname Geisha for a few years, and when I was in Spain and North Africa, people kept calling me "Japonais". Maybe in a past life...?

You know what I haven't done in a while? Narcissistically put up photos of myself! I suppose now is the time, given the new do and my growing (slooowly growing) fondness for it. You see where I was coming from with the melon helmet, right?





Yes, I realize I might have gone overboard with the bathroom glamour shots. This is only because this look is only one day post-stylist. I washed it tonight and goodness knows I'll never, ever get my hair to look like this - perfectly bob-y and bangs so feathery - ever, ever again.