Friday, March 13, 2009
Office Updates

In addition to "chic", "trendy" and "cute", I also got other comments on my hair; like "traditional" and "Asian." I don't get it either. I think he was trying to call me a middle-aged Chinese woman. Someone also said to me, "Wow, that haircut makes you look a lot older. It's like you aged five years overnight."

O_o

That remark also came from the guy who once walked behind my desk, looked down to see what I was working on and suddenly said, "Wow, you have really stubby fingers."

He's a real gem, ain't he?

---

I officially bid goodbye to my social life last weekend (thank goodness it was a good one!) because tomorrow marks the first of five Saturdays that I spend at the office. I'm training our new team of Tour Leaders so that means I work six days a week starting now until mid-April. Despite the fact that yes, I'm working on a weekend, I really am rather excited. My partner in crime and I have been screening applications and doing interviews since the new year started and FINALLY, we are done hiring. I'm excited to have our new team all in one place tomorrow and honestly, I'm excited to teach them about this job, something that I've loved doing for years. The opportunity to train the new team is one of the main reasons I took this new position in the first place, so perhaps that might explain why I stayed at the office until 7pm tonight perfecting my session, why I brought things home with me to finish up, and why I'll be leaving the house tomorrow at 7:30am so I can get there early enough to set up.

I will sorely miss Saturday morning yoga though, but I will look forward to Sunday morning yoga instead.

---

During an office-wide meeting today, I had to restrain myself from leaping out of my chair and jumping onto the board room table, proclaiming, "I WANT TO BE THE GREEN CHAMPION IN THIS OFFICE!! I WANT TO TEACH PEOPLE ABOUT REUSING AND WASTING LESS AND RECYCLING AND COMPOSTIIING!! NO ONE IS MORE PERFECT FOR THAT POSITION THAN MEEE!!!" A new position is starting up and I want it. Can you tell?

---

Last night, like other Thursday nights, I hung out with the guys in the IT department, who are quickly becoming some of my favourite people to spend time with. We hang out, play Rock Band, get high, eat pizza/home-made pulled pork/dirty Chinese, drink beer, watch The Office and get home late so that I'm always tired the next day. I started going in the spirit of making friends and I'm super glad I did. The IT guys are, at the same time, the geekiest, the coolest, and the bestest.

I got super high last night because, for once, I didn't have a car so I wasn't driving home. But I ended up getting a little incoherent and taking public transit home alone in that state made for an interesting experience. I ended up having a text conversation with the guy who drove me to the subway station until 12:30am about things that go BZzzz...

---

Off to finish making employment packages for my new team and go over my presentation!