Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Winding Up And Then Down

Just when I thought things were going to calm down a bit, my life picked up around me and started swirling madly out of control. Looking back at a mere two weeks ago, I can't believe that I actually had the time to sit down and write a post every night for four days in a row - and write fairly regularly before and after that too. Unbelievable. I even had the time to go out after work and get a haircut! These days, I'm doing all that I can to keep up with my growing responsibilities and ever looming deadlines at work rather than worry about grooming myself (the bob, as you can imagine, has most definitely lost it's bob-y and feathery bang quality). I also expect to be spending lunches at my desk from now until the end of June in addition to working an extra half hour every evening. No joke.

Mildly exciting news to report:
- One of my BFFL (Best Friends For Life) called me from Scotland the other day!
- She was calling to congratulate me on a new position that I got at work!!
- ...I'M THE NEW SUSTAINABILITY COORDINATOR FOR MY OFFICE!!! YAAAHHHHH!!!!
- I had my first conference call (an hour and a half!) and that was pretty exciting.
- Training my new team (! I have a team !) on Saturdays is proving to be both wonderful and extremely taxing. I want to say that I'm looking forward to the end of training, but that just means the beginning of travel season, which means that I'll be living out of other cities and my desk at the office.
- I think that I have officially developed an office crush. He's not really my type at all I don't think (whatever that may be), but fairly good looking. He'll do for now.
- Spring celebrations this weekend came in the form of hip hop karaoke with Maestro Fresh Wes, a chocolate party and world food book launch! Followed by hippie and market goodness. And a parking ticket (damn!).
- And uh, remind me to tell you about eHarmony.

Every time a mildly exciting thing happens, I immediately think about how to spin it into a fabulous sounding story for y'all, but to be honest, most nights I'd rather spend doing anything but staring at a computer screen trying to think coherently, nevermind creatively. I'll take jazz radio and an early bedtime, thanks.

PS: Since I'm starting to sound like an oldie, I might as well start drawing attention to the fact that I officially hit my "mid-twenties" mark in five and a half weeks! I wonder what it takes to drop ten pounds in five weeks?