Monday, July 06, 2009
27 Reasons To Visit Cyprus

So my trip across eastern Canada with 27 Europeans was a resounding success. I am down one immune system and two ankles, but am one Swarovski necklace and 27 new friends richer (all now Honorary Canadians, said I, via an informal ceremony on the ride to the airport - I made even the coolest kid on the bus cry). They're only a half hour away - albeit somewhere over the Atlantic - and I miss them already. Eleven days can really bond you to some people, who knew!

I may have been rusty at first, and feeling completely unsure as to whether or not they liked me, but now that we're at tour's end I can say with much confidence that the trip was brilliant and yes - they loved me to smithereens. I have yet to learn how to properly take a compliment though. (What is one really to say when a young man tells you that your trip changed his life?) As worried as I was (Will they like me? Am I really a good enough tour leader to have taken this trip? Yada yada...), I can be assured of my mad skillz. Ah, it's good to know that I've still got it.

I fly home in less than six hours (I just ordered a wake up call for 4:15am - UNGH), and I have less than twelve hours to get home, unpack, pack, and get myself back to the airport to fly to Scotland! I'm overseas for the next month and phew, I need a holiday. On the menu: all over Scotland, France and Germany. For dessert: Cyprus, one day.