Saturday, August 08, 2009
Family Fun Is Numba One

I'm safe, sound and at home. And while there are moments wherein I strongly wish that I was still over the sea, I have to admit that there are some fantastic things about being back with my family. See the following scenes from today:

1. At dim sum this morning, celebratory meal #1 for daddy's birthday, we were discussing the merits of rolling a peeled, boiled egg over bumps and bruises, and using soy sauce on burns. Apparently egg yolks have healing properties and don't ask about the soy sauce. I felt like I was in My Big, Fat, Greek Chinese Wedding.

2. This afternoon at the kitchen table, while waiting for celebratory meal #2, showing my parents on a globe where my latest travels had taken me and then discussing the orbits of the earth and the moon around the sun. My brother and I eventually pulled fruit out of the fridge to demonstrate said orbits - we had an orange as the sun and a cherry as the moon. It was awesome.