Saturday, August 22, 2009
Jumping The Gun

My first day back at work wasn't unlike the first day of school.

"Oh welcome back! It's nice to see you again!"
"Oh wow, you're so tanned!"
"So how was your summer?!"
"Oh wow, your hair is so long! It grows so fast!"
...etc.

It was nice though; being able to walk around and chat with people gave me reasons to take breaks from everything else. Day 1 was a bit much, admittedly. I was faced with a totally bizarre feeling as I walked into an office after seven weeks away, my Inbox held about 200 emails awaiting me, I found out I had a conference call at 11am that morning, and I had to prep to help train a new staff member the next morning. Work was a tidal wave and I was a beach resort in Thailand.* So, it shouldn't really come as a surprise that on my first day back I was already thinking about filling in a vacation request form.

Plus, I hear Paris in October is really nice...

Oh, and re: anxieties two posts previous - I was wrong. Yahoo!


*I wasn't the first to say this.