Monday, July 26, 2010
Progress Report

Hardware/'big' stuff
- bike rack, panniers (about 50L capacity), fenders
- bike multi-tool, tire patch/repair kit, small pump, extra set of tire tubes and spokes, chain lube and rag, bungee cables
- compact sleeping bag and sleeping mat, small pillow
- compression sacks (need two more)

'Smaller' gear stuff:
- lights, bike bell, bike mirror
- reflective vest and tape
- short and long fingered bike gloves
- another pair of bike shorts
- rain shoe covers

Not bad, eh?

BUT, my To Do List...
- finish buying bike gear
- book flights to Europe (I leave in two weeks, but not if I don't book anything!)
- pack up and move out
- finish stuff at work
- take my fam on a long weekend road-trip
- keep riding and training!
- do taxes

I shopped all weekend, and tonight too - I am so, soo tired of shopping! And I've spent so much more money than I ever thought was necessary. Biking is an expensive hobby to start up - who knew! Despite all that, I have to go out again tomorrow - I need a good bike rack and fenders and I can't just go to the regular co-op to get those apparently. I can't even get a regular kickstand! My bike is just too special. Specialty (read: expensive) bike shops, here I come. Then I have to conquer my sleeping bag purchase and then I can relax a bit. Actually, I may end up re-thinking my sleeping mat because I went for something that will be cushy and roomy, but at the cost of taking up extra space and adding more weight to my load. Can't wait to pack my panniers and go on my first ride with a full load on!