Saturday, September 04, 2010
Off To The Highlands & Islands

Finally, my shitty week is over! I'm off bright and early tomorrow morning - and it looks like I've done it again: stayed up super late the night before a big trip stressing out about everything that isn't done until the last minute! I'm great at this planning stuff.

Tomorrow I pop my bike and two panniers into a rental car and take off for a drive across northern New York, Vermont and Maine (and I think I get a tad of New Hampshire in there somewhere too). I'm really going to enjoy those mountain and lake views. If all goes according to plan, I'm going to be camping in a cute spot Saturday night and making it to my meeting point for training in Fredericton by Sunday afternoon.

And then after that... who knows? It's going to be an intense group environment for two months, on bicycles!

For more info on what yours truly has gotten herself into this time, check out Otesha's bike tours (I'm on the Highlands & Islands trip)!

Updates from the road will hopefully be regular as I get one day off per week to do laundry and internet-y type things. Maybe one of these days I'll get around to calling the Belgian train company and crying to them about my lost journal.