Tuesday, April 26, 2005
Be More Excited Than Me About This

To tell you the truth, I'm not in a very good mood nor am I particularly happy right now. But here is a happy thing to make this a fairly happy moment:

Remember when I said that I auditioned for a film, got a callback but wasn't expecting anything because it was one heck of an experience? Well, I went to that second audition and came out still not expecting anything. But I got something anyway.

I'm going to be in a movie.

Neat, huh?

I play the Clerk in a vet clinic or something, and it's not a huge role as I've got about six lines and three major actions. I don't get to use anything fancy but I do get to do receptiony type things like search for dog names on a computer. Everyone's been asking what the film is called (Sleeping Dogs) but I don't understand why you'd ask considering it hasn't been made yet...how would you even know what it is? And I don't really know what it's about (putting dogs to sleep or something is what I gathered from auditions), but to tell you the truth, I don't care! I'm going to be in a movie.

I'm surprised you see, so I keep downplaying this (someone scolded me for that last night - I didn't even realize I was doing it). I know I shouldn't by now, but there still is some doubt in terms of my abilities and so forth. I know I'm..'good', good enough to be cast (I'm particularly proud that I beat out this one girl I met there, she's been to school for acting and has an agent and all that jive), but still. Still what? I don't know - told you I was in a crappy mood.

But to end on a happy-ish note: I'm going to be in a movie. Neat, huh?