Friday, February 10, 2006
Mission: Accomplished

As of 9:50 this morning, I was logged into Ticketmaster and refreshing the 'Buy Tickets for DCFC & FF at The Docks' page once every minute. I tried to be cool about it, you know - making my bed, putting clothes away, neatening things up, etc. to make it clear that I didn't get up at 9am (after only 5 hours of sleep - AGAIN) just to get on the computer and that I obviously wasn't just sitting around waiting for 10am so I could buy concert tickets, because really, who does that?

Anyway, the scene is the same as Tuesday afternoon. Credit card sitting in front of the keyboard, having previously been gripped between my front teeth in immense amounts of anticipation. I'm poised like some sort of wild animal, a raptor perhaps, ready to strike at any moment.

I got a bit ahead of myself and tried to start buying at 9:59 but no no, those Ticketmaster people knew better than that. Their clocks are slower than mine too - I didn't get in until 10:01 and I nearly peed myself when I had to Refresh the page (no! not like last time! not in just one minute no!).

BUT.

I present to you confirmation email #1:

Subject: Your Ticket Order Confirmation

Thank you for purchasing tickets on Ticketmaster.

You will receive your tickets via: Regular Mail-Your tickets will be delivered by regular mail and should be received no later than 5 business days prior to your event. If you require your tickets sooner, please select a more appropriate delivery method.

You purchased 3 tickets to:

Death Cab for Cutie
Docks Nightclub And Concert Theatre, Toronto, ON
Monday April 17, 2006 6:30 pm

Total Charge: CA $157.00

Thanks again for using Ticketmaster.


Annnnnd #2:

Subject: Your Ticket Order Confirmation

Thank you for purchasing tickets on Ticketmaster.

You will receive your tickets via: Regular Mail-Your tickets will be delivered by regular mail and should be received no later than 5 business days prior to your event. If you require your tickets sooner, please select a more appropriate delivery method.

You purchased 5 tickets to:

Death Cab for Cutie
Docks Nightclub And Concert Theatre, Toronto, ON
Monday April 17, 2006 6:30 pm

Total Charge: CA $260.00

Thanks again for using Ticketmaster.


So yeah, I got a little overzealous with the ticket buying. Nabbing 3 was really easy and I sat there for a second afterwards and thought, "Well heck, at this rate I might as well just buy 5 more." And as long as my friends pay me back, I won't have to break any legs.

Oh Death Cab. How I love thee. Your music is like love - when I listen to you, the songs are actually making love to me right there through my ears. Mm. And then my heart goes mush and I can't talk and all I can do is close my eyes and go *drool*.

I'll see you in April baby! I can't wait to see Ben Gibbard singing in all his geeky glory. I hope he sees me too. I'll be the one in the front row asking him to marry me over and over again.