Monday, May 08, 2006
Belated


The most thoughtful and best birthday card I've received in a long while. Thanks, B.*

My birthday was spent on a coach bus with 40 students, 4 teachers, 2 chaperones and a driver heading to Boston. I didn't mention the occasion to anyone and spent the day 'working' as I normally would when on tour - taking care of paperwork, learning names, making confirmation phone calls, dealing with stupidly grumpy people when crossing the U.S. border and enjoying the gorgeous drive on the I-90 across the state of New York. I actually forgot that it was my birthday until later that evening when I had a spare moment and my brain took a breath and realized, Hey, I'm 22 now.

As I get older, birthday celebrations seem to get more and more overrated. Even if all I end up doing is just going to dinner and having some drinks, I know that the important thing isn't what you do, but who you do it with. When I came home from my tours, I smiled at all the birthday emails in my Inbox because I really didn't expect any. Annia took me to Ikea for their $1 breakfast and we sat and chatted about nothing and everything, like we always do. We went shopping, like we always do. We spent the day together and that in itself was good enough. Then, Ashley, being the unbelievable friend she is, drove up to visit and spent the night with me and some guy she's never met at a bar named the Honest Lawyer and we ended up having a blast. My family and I went to dim sum. Someone I met two weeks ago looked up my number and called to say Happy Birthday. It's all about the peeps. And thank goodness I love mine.

 

The obligatory Blowjob shot (with a cherry on top!):
 

My celebratory partners in crime (why Brian's angrily yelling into my skull and why Ash and I look so awful, I will never be able to explain):