Thursday, January 08, 2009
Getting The Wahoo Back

Yesterday I said:
Tomorrow is the day before the day I can wear jeans at work. This excites me.

Today I said:
I think I pulled a muscle from sitting down.

Tomorrow I want to say:
I want to feel like the music is coming from inside my head.

So far, throwing myself back into the daily grind of a job has not made me want to hide under my covers. I left work today feeling bright and awake enough to last about a third of the first leg home. I fell asleep immediately after. Commuting via driving, however, has finally gotten on my last nerve and I went crawling back to the ways of public transit. Now I can enjoy my new in-ear earphones that I got for Christmas from a fellow audiophile who understands the importance of reducing the sound of subway tracks when trying to listen to your tunes. I'd also like to try to take up a hobby like knitting or reading again, given that my commute is at least an hour and a half, but the gentle rumble of the trains and buses just knock me right out and I can be too exhausted to get up for my stop nevermind trying to make a scarf. The hobbies will have to wait.

We recently got new policies at work and Fridays at the office are now officially Casual. I have never loved denim so much. It gives me some of the wahoo back. Speaking of tomorrow, my best bud and I are going to view an apartment in the city, which also happens to be down the hall from this character (who recently declared 2009 to be the Year of the Super Awesome Kickass Ninja). Is my life about to become an episode of Friends? (NO - it's going to be an episode of I-don't-know-what, but we-have-ninjas-and-dinosaurs, so visit soon!) Then we are all going to eat homemade vegan chili and then we're going to glam up and go dancing. Wahoo indeed.