Saturday, February 14, 2009
Get A Heart On

Happy Valentine's Day everyone. You'll be glad to know that I'm not celebrating the occasion by hanging myself from the shower rod.

Though, Savage Garden's Truly Madly Deeply just came on the radio (dedicated to Andrew from Michelle because SHE LOVES HIM and off they go to Cuba for a week) and I became distinctly aware of the fact that I WILL NEVER FIND SOMEONE. Salt in my wound: the DJ just informed us all that K-Ci & JoJo's classic love song is coming up because they just HAVE TO play it on a day like this. Gag me. Or maybe just gag all those people who can't seem to stop spreading their sap-crap feelings. And there I was, telling my friends that I was going to be decidedly less bitter and stabby this Valentine's Day.... The disturbing thing is that I think I actually think I AM toning it down this year.

Oddly enough, I've got plans tonight - double the plans, too, with double the boys. A double date(!) if you will. Drinks and apps with Rich, the Friend from The Outing With A Friend aka Friend-Date Turned Date-Date? - let's hope it's less awkward this time around. And then I'm off to the symphony (Radu Lupu is playing Beethoven!) with Pratik! Upon returning home, there is the possibility of a Skype-date with my ex-lovah, just because we can.

I leave you with this little gem: A Screaming Banshee Goes On A Date, courtesy of our favourite holiday-maker, Hallmark.