Wednesday, May 17, 2006
Hum Drum

What a rainy way to spend my week off. Nothing spectacular has happened in the last few days; I've been catching up with my old friend, TV, and beloved shows for mommies in the daytime such as: A Makeover Story, A Wedding Story, A Baby Story, What Not To Wear and 10 Years Younger. Enthralling, I know.

It's quite obvious that I have the television habits of a middle-aged woman, but what does it mean when I cry when the couples exchange their vows and have their first kiss as husband and wife? Half an hour later, I'm crying again at the miracle of birth when a purple slimy thing slips out of mommy. I'm either a very sensitive, emotional being, or I'm getting my period soon.

I'm back in my summer routine which means that I'm starting to exercise daily again (go me!), but I think that what ever is left of my muscles is now allergic to physical activity of any kind. Whenever I come back from a run, my legs are covered in a funny red rash. There's nothing really funny about it - it's just amusing to think that I'm allergic to either my own sweat or exercise in general. The beloved Runner's High that I've been looking forward to hasn't quite hit me yet - I'm hoping that nicer weather will bring on the happy-happy joy-joy of getting back into shape.

Nothing much to report today. I'm leaving town tomorrow to visit the roomie for a few days of fun by the Lakes and oh yeah, in almost exactly one month I'll have my bags packed and will be heading to one of my favourite places in the city, the airport. I'm totally leaving the country for five weeks. Details to come!

Remember when I was so excited for what the next few months had in store? This is yet another step in Project Cut the Crap.

Step One: New Look
Step Two: New Digs
Step Three: Leave the Friggin' Country